A Little Obsession: Follow Your Dreams

SOCIAL MEDIA

Love List

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Follow Your Dreams

So this is what that feels like...
Not gonna lie... 

its a pretty phenomenal feeling when you come to work one day and see a giant photo of yourself in the lobby and a mini cutout of your face on the station website...

I say this because there was a time when I didn't think all the "tv news" sacrifices I had to make in my life was worth what I'd been through to get here. And its NOT the picture on the wall that makes it worth it.

                   

...I remember serving tables in Los Angeles at The Cheesecake Factory thinking I might never see the day, missing weddings, holidays, reunions, birthdays, bridesmaid invitations...the list goes on 

then suddenly I wake up...

And here I am standing in front of a picture of myself doing what I love to do 
< (and yes.. i stood there for about a good 5 minutes- staring at it) > LOL. 

So maybe this will inspire you or someone else reading this NEVER to give up. Because there were so many moments when I thought about giving up.

Turns out the journey ...while sometimes rough...it was all worth it.

Just wish my dad were alive to see it, but I like to think he has VIP seats somewhere out there... ‪#‎thebestisyettocome‬ #‎grateful‬ ‪#‎hardworkpaysoff‬ ‪#‎followyourdreams‬ and most of all ‪#‎nevergiveup‬

P.S.  Oh and I always tip really well at the Cheesecake Factory -- I don't forget where I came from.
Xo,
Alex

Post a Comment