A Little Obsession: Once Upon A Time In Lubbock Texas

SOCIAL MEDIA

Love List

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Once Upon A Time In Lubbock Texas

So. Once upon a time in Lubbock Texas - I worked with these amazing people. AND they just so happened to be in town for the wedding of a reporter. What are the odds?!? It's moments like these that make me believe its true that everything happens for a reason. A purpose for all things. Who knows. But somehow I ended up getting a job in Raleigh and they all ended up coming here. I don't ask questions LOL... ill just go with it.

The guy on the far right = thats the very first person to ever give me a job in TV.
His name: Benji.  His title: News Director.

I can't really put into words how amazing it was to see him and how thankful I will always be for the opportunity he gave me almost 5 years ago to do what I love. I often wonder where I would be today if he didn't hire me.

He hired me as a reporter for KCBD NewsChannel 11 in November of 2010. Seems like forever ago these days. When we hugged goodbye he told me he was proud to say that he knows me.

Made me feel like a million bucks.

Outfit: Orange dress available and on sale @ Anne Klein Knot Wrap dress


Heres to good memories. good times. good people. and those chance opportunities that often change the rest of your life. 
Xo,
Alex

Post a Comment