A Little Obsession: Seeing Stars: Personal Story

SOCIAL MEDIA

Love List

Monday, January 22, 2018

Seeing Stars: Personal Story







Sweater (similar HERE) more linked below |  White denim (The best white denim literally EVER) | 
similar Gold flats

 Happy Monday dolls! I got this star sweater on sale a few weeks ago and I've gotten so many compliments on it! I love adding pieces to my closet that just really put me in a good mood ... there is just something about stars that always makes me smile. 
I think it's because they make me think of my dad.

Not to be a debbie downer... but January is always a tough month for me. It is the month I lost my dad about five years ago and well the truth is -- it never gets easier. Grief is probably the toughest thing I have had to learn to deal with in my life and losing my dad... well, there. are. no. words. I often find myself up late at night, looking up at the stars wondering how my dad is? Where he is? Is he ok? Did he turn into a star? Is there a heaven? Is he having a good time there? So many questions... I have to laugh to keep myself from crying. Anyway-- this sweater made me smile when I found it because it just connects me with the feelings I have somehow ... that "somewhere out there" feeling. It is so hard to come to terms with someone existing in your life and then suddenly disappearing so just looking up at the stars, well, somehow that gets me through it.

For those wondering my dad passed away in 2013 from complications that originated with diabetes, leading to kidney failure and then dialysis... and then well your body sort of gives up on you after it goes through so much. My dad was a super wonderful man: smart, encouraging, wise, taught me so much, and always cheered me on. Truly my biggest cheerleader and most of my days are always tough without him < especially when I need advice > but the memories keep me going.

Just to clarify-- its not the material things. A sweater definitely doesn't bring my dad back but its the little things like stars ...that trigger my smile and make me feel like he is somewhere out there... or with me wherever I go. 

How do you cope with loss? Prayer? I use memories to get me through the tough days but if you have suggestions I am always open.

Thanks for reading beauties.

xo,
Alex

Shop This Look:







Post a Comment