A Little Obsession: Weekend Shenanigans

SOCIAL MEDIA

Love List

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Weekend Shenanigans

So... is it weird that I have never been to a corn maze before in my life? Yup. It's true. I kid you not my friend.

Nate and I decided we were going to get festive this weekend and get in the full fall spirit with pumpkins and corn mazes. So we ventured out to Kens Korny Corn Maze! This was my before the maze - "Hunger Games-esque face". Ha. <ready to take on the maze>

"May the odds be ever in your favor."


Forgive me if this is common knowledge but I really didn't know what the premise behind the corn maze was. I thought you just go in and try to get out = drop the mic.
AND YOUR DONE? Not so much.

It turns out there is WAY more to it. 
Everyone gets a flag and the goal is to make it through the maze and find all the letter stamps in the shortest amount of time. The letter stamps are little boxes with a stamp for your card to mark that you've been there. The record is 30 minutes... And let's just say Nate was on a mission to beat it.

<ie. studying the corn maze from above>
                    
     

This sign at the entrance was reminded me how short I am.

Yes, even corn is taller than me. I'm a struggling 5'2 on the cusp of a dream for 5'3... I think.

<boots = Ciao Bella avail on BlueFly HERE>
<jeans= skinny mid rise 7 For All Mankind: jeans avail HERE
 (A little pricey but a good pair of jeans is worth every dime. #truth >
<scarf H&M similar HERE>
<J Crew Red Cardigan similar HERE>  on SALE -- and for 30% more off Use code TGIFALL

When you start the maze you get a flag to take with you so they can find you if you get lost. Nate and I chose the "Life is Crazy Good" flag cause life has thankfully been crazy good lately.


 I let him lead the way - he was loving the adventure.

             
                   

We didn't beat the 30 minute record but hey - 40 minutes isn't bad, right? So we conquered the corn maze. Then we went boldly in to the night with "I conquered the corn maze" stickers.



This is Nate's "alright now ... where is our next adventure" face.
                      

Oh and last weekend I forgot to post that we went to the NC State Fair. We had so much great food: Wisconsin Cheese, fried oreos, gyros, fried mac n cheese fried reeses wrapped in bacon <um, ya I said wrapped in bacon> - the list goes on.

We were on fried food overload -- how can something that tastes so GOOD be so BAD. Ugh, once a year.. once a year.


<every time I bit into something I am pretty sure I saw myself on the treadmill sweating as I ate it haha -- thats gotta count for something :) >

We are finally getting to see more of North Carolina and I am a really enjoying our new home.

Let me know if you think there are some cool places in Raleigh we need to visit...
I am always looking for good weekend adventure ideas.

Happy Sunday!
XO,
Alex

Post a Comment