A Little Obsession: Pink October

SOCIAL MEDIA

Love List

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pink October

It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month - so I broke out the pink to get in the spirit of the search for the cure. Cancer is such a terrible disease and I hope to join in on some events this month to raise money for the cause.

...A dear friend of mine from college is currently just 28 years old and fighting the disease. It breaks my heart to see her posts on facebook of wearing cold caps and trying to make it through rounds of chemo. I can not imagine going through it but her strength inspires me EVERYDAY. I pray that she beats cancer.

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month  and Anne Klein's partnership with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, the brand is selling a limited-edition Pink Collection, which includes a scarf ($58), sunglasses ($113), bracelets ($35) and a striped shirt ($59). Anne Klein has committed to donate $50,000 annually to the foundation, regardless of sales. So here is a way to give a little and get some pink in return while supporting a great cause. HERE
                  


... my pink top is from BLACK by Saks Fifth Ave (thrifted) BUT - similar HERE//
 Heels: Michael Kors - HERE.

The outfit is from the all new fall collection at Ann Taylor. The Double Breasted Sweater Jacket is back and better than ever. (Also available in three colors on AnnTaylor.com .)
                              

It was super comfy -- BUT the skirt however was a little big on me and runs big so make sure to size down if you get it. It's the Petite Twill Pencil Skirt HERE - but looks like its sold out now and only available in a a few pastel colors :(. I found a similar one HERE

I loved the stretchy waistband = a more comfy workday.

Speaking of the work day we have been doing our show LIVE outside all week which has been a fun change of pace but its not quite cold enough just yet to break out the full on winter look ... so I am back to dresses for the rest of the week. Seems like next week the temps might take a dip so I am REALLY looking forward to that.

Sweet dreams.

P.S. Wear your pink and lets find a cure!!!
xo, Alex


The Ann Signature Statement Necklace: HERE



LIPSTICK by NYX - Color is SWEET PINK - avail HERE

Post a Comment